The BCCM consortium joints 7 decentralised biological resource centres with complementary expertise.
BCCM, your solution partner for providing services of quality in microbial and genetic resources for academia and industry.
The BCCM consortium aims to
- acquire, preserve and distribute microbial and genetic resources,
- identify and characterize these biological materials,
- offer customer-oriented services,
- increase the understanding of microorganisms and their function in ecosystems,
- foster the application of biological resources.
- continues to upgrade its service portfolio and scientific expertise,
- develops a powerful data management system,
- runs a multi-site ISO 9001 quality management system,
- fosters (inter)national collaboration, linkage and exchange,
- complies with (inter)national regulations regarding the handling of microbial and genetic resources.